Friday, August 14, 2009

Interview: Taylor Lautner's Personal Trainer


Taylor Lautner has made an incredible physical transformation over the past year, gaining 30 pounds of muscle for his role as Jacob Black in “The Twilight Saga: New Moon.” Taylor has revealed some of his workout secrets such as going to the gym for two hours a day, five days a week and eating six meals a day. There is no doubt Taylor has worked hard for his chiseled physique and washboard abs, but thereʼs more to the story.


Taylorʼs personal trainer Jordan Yuam helped him create the sexy bod we canʼt wait to see shirtless in “New Moon” on November 20. In a recent interview at Comic-con, Taylor confessed,

“Jordan Yuam. Heʼs really talented. He helped me a lot with this process. Heʼs always on set, like, shoving food in my mouth. Literally, Iʼd be talking to somebody and he comes up with a plate. He wakes me up in the morning. Heʼs like, ʻTake this protein shake.ʼ Iʼm like, ʻIʼm sleeping.ʼ Yeah, I have a lot of people to thank.”


Taylor Lautner Daily exclusively interviewed Jordan Yuam of Jordanʼs Virtual Fit Club. Jordan explains his workout techniques and even reveals how a girl can impress a guy like Taylor Lautner!


TL Daily: I read on your website that you have over 20 years experience. How did you get your start in personal training?

Yuam: I hired a trainer at a local gym in 1985, and he hurt my shoulder. I rehabbed with two other trainers who really seemed to know what they were doing. I also realized that good trainers are hard to find, and this is how I became interested in becoming a trainer. I asked them if I could work there, but I was too young. So I worked for two summerscleaning and picking up trash, and observed their training techniques as much as I could. Because of my hard work and dedication, the two trainers paid for my certification. I studied with them for two years, and thatʼs how I began my start as a personal trainer.

TL Daily: Iʼve also read that the exercise techniques you use are not common in the fitness industry. Will you explain how your techniques differ from traditional training methods?

Yuam: I use a technique called load under tension, and body torso adjustments under load, and itʼs a system that utilizes finesse to contract the primary muscles disregarding stabilizers and secondary muscles. Itʼs a unique approach that is not common.

TL Daily: How large of a role does diet play in an exercise program?

Yuam: Diet is 85% of your success. If you go to Baskin Robbins and you do 5000 crunches, you will still have a balloon stomach.

TL Daily: You provide a meal plan in your Letʼs Talk Food article on your website. Will this diet work for everyone?

Yuam: That diet is specifically designed for hard gainers specifically tailored to body builders, not for weight loss.

TL Daily: Most of my readers are woman. What exercises do you recommend for girls who want to impress a guy like Taylor?

Yuam: People like Taylor donʼt care about the outside, they care about the inside. To impress a guy like Taylor, be yourself and make him laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment